PACT offers a range of face-to-face training for approved or prospective PACT adoptive families.
All training is free to attend for PACT adopters and there is no limit on the number of courses that can be attended.
Training takes place in London, Reading and Brighton. The latest training dates and course outlines are listed below. If you would like to receive further information or attend any of these free courses run by PACT please email email@example.com or call 0300 456 4800.
PACT also runs ImPACT days for adopted children.
Family and Friends training
This half-day course is designed for the relatives and close friends of PACT's adoptive families. The course provides:
- An overview of the backgrounds of children placed for adoption
- Attachment theory and how children placed for adoption can form healthy attachments.
Courses are being held on the following dates:
- Saturday 11th May 20199.30am -1.15pm, Reading
- Saturday 15th June 20199.30am -1.15pm, Brighton (tbc)
- Saturday 20th July 2019, 9.30am -1.15pm, London
Family and friends of adopters only need to attend one session.
Attachment-Focused Parenting Course
The course focusing on developing adoptive parents' understanding of PACE (playfulness, acceptance, curiosity and empathy) was developed by Kim Golding and Dan Hughes.
The group programme aims to:
- Provide support to carers and parents who can feel very isolated caring for children with attachment difficulties
- Increase understanding of the children and their behavioural and emotional needs through an increased understanding of attachment theory and its application to the parenting of children
- Increase the skill and confidence of the carers and parents to support children with attachment difficulties
Our course leaders are fully qualified and registered therapists/therapeutically trained contractors within our agency’s Family and Children Therapeutic Support (FACTS)service. They have all had extensive experience of working with adoptive children and with children with a range of attachment difficulties and challenging behaviours.
The course is aimed to help all adopters at whatever stage of the adoption journey they are at.
It is being held in London on the following dates:
- Tuesday 26th March
- Tuesday 2nd April
- Tuesday 30th April
- Tuesday 7th May
- Tuesday 14th May
- Tuesday 21st May
- Tuesday 4th June
- Tuesday 11th June
- Tuesday 25th June
- Tuesday 2nd July
- Tuesday 9th July
- Tuesday 16th July
To find out more, or to book a place on this course, please email FACTS@pactcharity.org