Parenting with PACE
Virtual training by PACT’s Family And Children Therapeutic Support (FACTS) service
About the training
PACT is running virtual training for adoptive parents on how to use the PACE (playfulness / acceptance / curiosity / empathy) method to parent adoptive children.
The course will run over several sessions on Zoom, led by Georgina Hibbert, one of PACT’s FACTS Clinical Psychologists.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Overview of course and attachment theory
- Care giving and the attachment system
- House Model of Parenting
- Internal working model
- Impact of trauma
- Hidden needs and expressed needs
- Brain development – the impact of trauma on development and developmental stages
- Attunement and empathy
- Looking after yourself
- Couple relationship
- Helping children to manage emotion
- Parenting with PACE
- Structure and supervision
- Managing confrontation and coercive interactions
- Thinking, feeling and behaviour choices
- Course summary, feedback and evaluation
Details of dates and times will be posted here when they become available. It is recommended that you attend all sessions in the course.
To register your interest for this course, please email email@example.com.