Attachment-Focused Parenting course
This course focuses on developing adoptive parents' understanding of PACE (playfulness, acceptance, curiosity and empathy) and was developed by Kim Golding and Dan Hughes.
The group programme aims to:
- Provide support to carers and parents who can feel very isolated caring for children with attachment difficulties
- Increase understanding of the children and their behavioural and emotional needs through an increased understanding of attachment theory and its application to the parenting of children
- Increase the skill and confidence of the carers and parents to support children with attachment difficulties
Our course leaders are fully qualified and registered therapists/therapeutically trained contractors within our agency’s Family and Children Therapeutic Support (FACTS) service. They have all had extensive experience of working with adoptive children and with children with a range of attachment difficulties and challenging behaviours.
The course is aimed to help all adopters at whatever stage of the adoption journey they are at. You only need to attend one session.
- Saturday 14th March, 10am-4pm
- Saturday 28th March, 10am-5pm
- Friday 5th June
- Friday 12th June
- Saturday 19th September
- Saturday 3rd October
To find out more, or to book a place on this course, please email FACTS@pactcharity.org