If you were adopted through one of the following adoption agencies, PACT may be able to help you obtain information about your adoption and family history.
- Childlink Adoption Society, formerly Church Adoption Society (Please note this is not the Church of England Children’s Society)
- Church of the Latter Day Saints
- Oxford Diocesan Council for Moral Welfare
- Oxford Diocesan Council for Social Work
- PACT (Parents And Children Together)
Please contact our Business Support Team on 0300 456 4800 to make an enquiry or email PostAdoption@pactcharity.org
If your search is for records not held by the organisations named above, find out how to locate other adoption agencies’ records, including for those agencies that have now closed.
Searching and Tracing
If you want to search for, and make contact with, a relative lost through adoption, you will need to ask a registered intermediary agency such as:
- Your own local authority’s adoption support team may provide this service, or
More agencies, including tracing agencies, can be found in http://www.adoptionsearchreunion.org.uk/search/database/
For adopted adults who want to conduct their own search please visit http://www.adoptionsearchreunion.org.uk/search/howtosearch/
For general information on post adoption services, news, locating records etc. then please visit www.adoptionsearchreunion.org.uk