Love Me, Love Life
In September 2018 we launched an exciting new programme called Love Me, Love Life, funded by Sport England, which aims to help Alana House, Reading, women to get more active.
Here are some websites and apps that you might find useful to help you get active:
- Your Reading Passport – discounted access to local leisure facilities and Reading Leisure Centres - find out what's on locally
- Pathway to Health – exercise opportunities for those with a prior medical condition. Find out more information on the variety of classes at this drop-in session
- Sport in Mind – local exercise opportunities with the aim of improving mental wellbeing
- Couch to 5K - this gives training plans that gradually progress you towards a 3.1 mile run over a nine week period
- Active 10 App – monitor how many active 10 minutes you have during the day and set yourself goals – for iPhone and Android devices
- Map My Walk – see how far you have walked with this app!
- ParkRun at Prospect Park, Reading – join walkers and runners at this free event Saturdays at 9am, followed up with an optional social coffee afterwards. Please note you need to sign up in advance to get your bar code
- Cycling opportunities for disabled cyclists - using adapted bikes available at Palmer Park
- Available at Reading Library or on Amazon: Self-management of long-term health conditions
- Alana House's Love Me, Love Life programme is supported by This Girl Can
Lastly, here is a good reminder about the benefits of getting fitter: