Domestic Violence Support Group For Children - Referrals
To refer a child who lives in Reading or West Berkshire and may benefit from attending a BB4K programme you can:
- Refer a child to the BB4K team who will be able to advise you on future support groups for children or set up a new group for domestic violence help if there is a wider need
It is important that the child you are referring meets the following criteria for BB4K:
- Children have witnessed or been victims of domestic abuse and are displaying challenging / withdrawn behaviour
- Children must be aged between 5 and 12
- Children must be able to acknowledge the hurting that has happened in their family and be able to talk about it
- Children must want to attend a BB4K programme, they cannot be forced to attend
- Parents/carers must be willing to support the child throughout the BB4K programme
- The perpetrator must have left the family home and be out of the relationship
To make a referral for Recovery Toolkit Family Groups for families living in Bracknell visit this page.
We are not currently running any BB4K support groups for children in Oxfordshire. If you are seeking support for a family member please contact your local LCSS who may be able to offer alternative support. If you are a family living in Oxfordshire please contact the MASH team - 0345 050 7666.