Domestic Abuse Support Groups - Referrals
To refer a child or parent who lives in Reading or West Berkshire and may benefit from attending a BB4K programme you can:
Completed forms can be sent to BB4K@pactcharity.org.
The BB4K team will be able to advise you on future support groups for children and parents or set up a new group for domestic abuse help if there is a wider need
It is important that the child you are referring meets the following criteria for BB4K:
- Children have witnessed or been victims of domestic abuse and are displaying challenging / withdrawn behaviour
- Children must be aged between 5 and 11
- Children must be able to acknowledge the hurting that has happened in their family and be able to talk about it
- Children must want to attend a BB4K programme, they cannot be forced to attend
- Parents/carers must be willing to support the child throughout the BB4K programme
- The perpetrator must have left the family home and be out of the relationship
Please note: we are accepting referrals during the COVID-19 pandemic but there may be a waiting list for group work and one-to-one support.