Love Me, Love Life
In September 2018 we launched an exciting new programme called Love Me, Love Life, funded by Sport England, which aims to help Alana House women to get more active.
Activities coming up:
- What's on this month - see our Five ways to get involved in December for some easy ways to start getting more active this month
We’ve also pulled together the following websites and apps that might you might find useful:
- Your Reading Passport – discounted Access to local leisure facilities and Reading Leisure Centres - find out what's on locally
- Pathway to Health – exercise opportunities for those with a prior medical condition. Find out more info on the variety of classes at this drop-in
- Sport in Mind – local exercise opportunities with the aim of improving mental wellbeing
- Couch to 5K - this gives training plans that gradually progress toward a 3.1 mile run over nine weeks
- Active 10 App – monitor how many active 10 minutes you have during the day and set yourself goals – for iphone and android
- Map my Walk – see how far you have walked with this app!
- ParkRun at Prospect Park, Reading – join walkers and runners at this free event Saturdays at 9am, followed up an optional social coffee afterward. Please note you need to sign up in advance to get your bar code
- Cycling opportunities for disabled cyclists - using adapted bikes available at Palmer Park
- Available at Reading Library or on Amazon: Self-management of long-term health conditions
- Love Me, Love Life programme is supported by This Girl Can
Lastly, here is a good reminder about the benefits of getting fitter: