SIX runners are limbering up to run the London Marathon on Sunday 22nd April on behalf of adoption charity Parents And Children Together (PACT).
PACT's team of runners comprises:
- Beckie, 43, from Reading - https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/BeckieTollervey
- Carl, 27, from Witney, Oxfordshire - https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/CarlBolton
- Clarabella, 35, from North Wales - https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ClarabellaGray
- Jason, 44, from Wokingham, Berkshire - https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JasonLaw
- Matthew, 32, from Woodley, Reading - http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MatthewDurman2
- Wendy, 50, from Sunningdale, Berkshire - https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/WendyFaughnan
More details about each runner can be found at https://www.pactcharity.org/team-pact
Each runner is aiming to raise £1,500 for the charity, which supports families across the south east through adoption, award-winning therapeutic support and community projects.
PACT Chief Executive Jan Fishwick OBE said: "We are so grateful to all six runners who have been working really hard, not only to train for the race, but also to raise funds for our work. Their efforts will make such a difference to the families and children we work with. I would like to thank them all and wish them lots of luck for the big day!"
PACT is one of the UK's leading independent adoption agencies, and last year placed 82 children with 57 families. There are currently more than 2,000 children waiting to be adopted in England.
PACT is particularly looking for couples or single people, including those from the LGBT community, who can consider adopting children over four years old, sibling groups of two or more children, children with a black or minority ethnic background and children who may have additional needs.