PACT adopters are to share their stories at upcoming information events in Oxford, London and Brighton in a bid to help find more loving homes for some of the 4,550 children waiting to be matched with new adoptive families.
Parents And Children Together (PACT) assesses, approves and supports people as adopters and dual approved carers across London and the South.
Information events are being held for those thinking about adopting or becoming dual approved and offering a loving home to children who aren’t able to return home to their birth family.
PACT adopters Jacek and Andrzej, who adopted two brothers last year, will be speaking at an event at PACT’s new Brighton office on 1st October.
Jacek said: “Andrzej and I adopted two brothers through PACT last year, it was a dream come true to become dads and family life ever since has been filled with love, joy and laughter.
“PACT has been supportive throughout our journey and we are pleased they are coming to Brighton with a new office to help more families to choose adoption.”
PACT’s IAAM Manager Amanda Davies will also be at the events to talk about some of the children waiting to be adopted, and the support available from PACT’s therapeutic services. Children waiting to be adopted by PACT applicants include five-year-old twins Katie and Emma.
Forthcoming PACT Adoption and Dual Approval Information evenings include:
- Thursday 9th September, 7pm – 8.30pm, PACT Oxford, Watlington Road, OX4 6BZ
- Monday 22nd September, 6.30pm – 8pm, St Saviour’s Church, Pimlico, SW1V 3QW
- Wednesday 1st October, 6.30pm – 8pm, PACT Brighton, Community Base, 113 Queens Road, BN1 3XG
- Thursday 23rd October, 6.30pm – 8pm, CAN Mezzanine, 49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH
- Thursday 6th November, 7pm – 8.30pm, PACT Oxford, Watlington Road, OX4 6BZ
For full event details and to register your interest in attending visit www.pactcharity.org/info or call 0300 456 4800.