Volunteer Roles At PACT
Here are our latest volunteering opportunities available at PACT.
Trustee / Treasurer
Our Board of Trustees voluntarily govern the charity’s activities and we are looking for a new Trustee to join our Board and to take on the role of Treasurer.
Day to day responsibility for financial operations and control is in the hands of the Head of Finance. The Treasurer will work with fellow Trustees and our Executive Team to develop financial strategies to support our ambitious plans and provides oversight of the charity’s finances and financial operations so as to provide reassurance to the Board on the charity’s short and long-term viability.
The Trustee Treasurer is also responsible for ensuring that the charity fulfils its duties and responsibilities for its proper financial governance and to give advice and guidance when needed to the Head of Finance.
As our Head Office is in Reading ideally you will be based in the Thames Valley and will be able to commit an average of 2-3 days per month of your time. It is a voluntary role although travel expenses may be claimed.
How to apply
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Natalie Derkatsch on 0118 402 1698 or at email@example.com to arrange a time to speak with Jan Fishwick, CEO.
If you find our work interesting and exciting and would like to join us please submit:
- An up to date CV, including details of two referees (we will not contact these without your consent)
- A supporting statement highlighting your key strengths and how you feel you meet what we are looking for and identify with PACT’s mission
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note: due to the coronavirus pandemic, the majority of PACT staff are now working from home and we are currently only recruiting for online and remote support. If you think you have any online support or skills you can offer at this time, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Based in Reading
- Hours to be agreed; office hours are 8.30am – 5.00pm
- This role would suit someone who takes pride in providing the best customer service possible. As an ambassador for PACT we want to continue to provide a warm, friendly, caring, efficient and professional reception service. In this role you will look after greeting visitors and answering the phone, helping with general questions from visitors and staff, manage room bookings and help with setting up and tidying meeting rooms. You will be joining a friendly and supportive team and training will be through an induction and informally given.
- Download the full description here
Reading, Pimlico and Brighton areas
Hours to be arranged
This is a flexible role for people who can be available outside of normal office hours to help throughout the year with PACT’s Events Programme. This includes regular information evenings for potential adopters, manning external events stands, participating in family fun days, helping with the annual carol concert and encouraging fundraisers in their challenges.
- Download the full description here
An existing events volunteer said,
"From day 1, I was made to feel part of the team and I’ve found all of my colleagues here to be very professional and dedicated to their work. Although the information events generally follow the same format, I still learn something new each time either from meeting new staff or adopters. It is a real pleasure volunteering at PACT."
PACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults therefore please note our recruitment procedure includes DBS checks and overseas checks (where applicable). Please note that prospective volunteers will need to evidence they have the relevant permission to work in the UK.