The Adopter Hub
The Adopter Hub is an online platform providing support to adopters, foster carers, special guardians and the professionals that work with them.
The Hub was developed by PACT as a result of listening to adopters, foster carers and special guardians and working with them to provide accessible tools to empower them to access the support they need.
Our team is dedicated to providing tailored support, learning opportunities and information for families, schools and practitioners.
All PACT adoptive families have free access to the Hub once they begin the process to become approved adopters. Other adoption agencies and local authorities can also purchase subscriptions to the Hub for their own adopters and practitioners.
If you are a PACT adopter and you have not logged in before, please click here to request a login and set up your account.
Watch this short video to find out what the Hub offers adopters:
All adopters and special guardians who log in to the Hub are able to access:
- One-to-one live webchat – online peer support from our trained Adopter Peer Supporters
- A private forum for adopters to chat anonymously to one another or ask questions to our team of experts
All users have access to:
- Our specially developed 12 module eLearning course, ‘Introduction to Attachment’
- Frequent live webinars from experts such as Louise Bomber covering important topics requested by users such as trauma, attachment, behaviour, race, parenting and more, as well as a library of past webinar recordings
- Resources covering a wide range of subjects and advice on a variety of key topics for adopters such as education, behaviour and physical and mental wellbeing
In addition, we offer specialist resources for schools and practitioners such as:
- Dedicated webinars for practitioners on topics to support their work with adopters
- An eLearning package specifically for education professionals working with adopted children in the classroom
- Resources on a wide range of topics to support adoptive families such as support around trauma and transitions
- (Education professionals and practitioners do not have access to the forum or the webchat service as these are confidential services for adopters only)
We have also created tailored resources for special guardians, who often face similar challenges to adoptive parents. Special guardians who have subscriptions to the Hub can access:
- Tailored resources about key topics such as finance, wellbeing, support in school and how to approach contact with birth families
- Specialist webinars from our experts and a library of past webinar recordings
- A private special guardian forum to provide the opportunity to chat anonymously to other special guardians