The Adopter Hub
The Adopter Hub is an online platform providing support to the adoption and special guardian community. The Hub was developed by PACT as a result of listening to adopters and special guardians and working with them to provide accessible tools to empower adopters to access the support they need. Our team is dedicated to providing tailored support, learning opportunities and information for adopters, special guardians, schools and professionals working with adoptive families.
All PACT adoptive families have free access to the Hub once they begin the process to become approved adopters. Other adoption agencies and local authorities can also purchase subscriptions to the Hub for their own adopters and practitioners.
If you are a PACT adopter and you have not logged in before, please click here to request a login and set up your account.
Watch this short video to find out what the Hub offers adopters:
All adopters who log in to the Hub are able to access:
- One-to-one live webchat - online peer support from our trained Adopter Peer Supporters
- Our specially developed 12 module eLearning course, 'Introduction to Attachment'
- A private forum for adopters to chat anonymously to one another or ask questions to our team of experts
- Frequent live webinars from experts based on topics selected by adopters as well as a library of past webinar recordings
- Resources covering a wide range of subjects including support during the Covid-19 pandemic and advice on a variety of key topics for adopters such as education, behaviour and physical and mental wellbeing
In addition, we offer specialist resources for schools and practitioners such as:
- Dedicated webinars for practitioners on topics to support their work with adopters
- An eLearning package specifically for education professionals working with adopted children in the classroom
- Resources on a wide range of topics to support adoptive families such as support around trauma and transitions
- (Education professionals and practitioners do not have access to the forum or the webchat service as these are confidential services for adopters only)
We have also created tailored resources for special guardians, who often face similar challenges to adoptive parents. Special guardians who have subscriptions to the Hub can access:
- Tailored resources about key topics such as finance, wellbeing, support in school and how to approach contact with birth families
- Specialist webinars from our experts and a library of past webinar recordings
- A private special guardian forum to provide the opportunity to chat anonymously to other special guardians
If you are a Local Authority or Voluntary Adoption Agency and you would like to subscribe for your adopters, please click here to get in touch with the Hub.
The Adopter Hub could not exist without the generous support of our fundraisers and donors. We are incredibly grateful for the funding we have received from the National Lottery Community Fund.